HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer is one of the All-In-One Printer that can perform print, scan, fax and copy functions. This Printer can make automatic two-sided printing of your documents and completes duplex tasks faster using the automatic document feeder. After you make Printer setup, you can login to the official website for download and installation of the HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software .
- Next the touchscreen of smart phone model helps in easy Printer control.
- Then this Printer can print the water persistent and long-lasting printouts
- Next the HP high yield ink cartridges help to produce the crisp and color printouts.
- Also this Printer suits your business and connects to your All-In-One Printer easily.
- Next the All-In-One Printer Remote mobile app helps in print and scan tasks.
- Then you can print the documents or photos from your smartphones and tablets easily. Finally this Printer can hold up to 500 sheets.
HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer Software Driver Installation
- Manual Printer driver installation. First, navigate to the official website.
- Next, enter HP OfficeJetPro 7740 on the search box and tap submit.
- After this, choose the Basic Drivers in the search list and tap Download.
- After you download the suitable driver for your computer, then make a double-click on the downloaded file.
- Then proceed with the On-screen instructions to install the Printer driver.
- Finally, start your computer again for the changes made.
Air Print Setup in HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer
- In Apple devices, iOS and the latest versions of the apple devices, the AirPrint service enables the mobile printing of your documents and photos. First, make sure that you connect your Printer and iOS device to the wireless.
- Next be sure that you do not use the USB or Ethernet cable to start the connection. Now you will get the wireless option from the Printer control panel. After this, choose the wireless Setup wizard in the Settings option.
- So that the available networks list will appear on the display. Next, choose the network and type the password when there is a prompt.
- After you connect your HP Printer to the wireless network, then connect your Apple device to the same wireless network. Next, you can connect your Apple device to the wireless network using the Wi-Fi direct method.
Steps to Make Printing of Documents
- Initially switch ON your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer with the help of the power button.
- Next, connect your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software and Apple device to the same wireless network.
- Then open the document or photo you wish to print.
- Now choose the Action Settings and tap the print settings below the menu options list.
- Next select your Printer and choose your Printer name.
- Here you can adjust the settings like paper size and number of copies with the help of the Preferences options
- Finally choose the number of copies you wish and then tap Print.
After you make the Printer setup, you can login to the official website for download and installation of the HP OfficeJetPro 7740 Printer software.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wireless Setup
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer can be connected to your mobile device wirelessly.
- Before you begin the wireless setup process, make sure that your Printer has the SSID (network name) and network password.
- After that, switch ON your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software. Next connect your Printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Here make sure that your Printer driver supports only the Windows 7, Windows Mac and other OS versions. Next with the help of the dynamic address and wireless router within a range, connect your Printer to your computer.
- After you download and install the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer software from the official website, select the network type and choose Yes.
- Next send the wireless information to the computer from your Printer using the USB cable. Then remove the USB cable and connect the USB cable once you receive the prompt from your Printer to connect the USB cable.
- Next switch ON your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer and use the Printer’s control panel to perform the Printer functionalities. After this, choose the network menu.
- Then choose your wireless network name and network password from the Wireless setup Wizard option.
Once you complete this process, your Printer will automatically connect to the network.
HP OfficeJet Pro Scan Enable
To enable the scan option in your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer, make sure that you have installed the HP Ojpro 7740 driver in your computer. Initially make sure that you switch ON both your computer and your HP Pro 7740 Printer.
Ojpro 7740 Scan Enable in Windows
In your Windows computer, the Scan to computer feature is the default setting. But in a few cases, this scan feature disables, then you can follow the below steps to enable the Scan option.
In Windows 8.1 Computer
- First search for the down arrow on the start screen on the left side of the lower screen.
- Next choose your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer and then tap the Utilities option.
In Windows 8
- Here initially navigate to the start screen.
- Next make a right click on the empty space or area.
- Then tap the all apps from your application bar.
- Next choose your Printer name and then tap the Utilities option.
For Windows7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- First, navigate to the computer start screen.
- Next proceed with the all programs selection.
- Then touch the HP. Next choose the HP OfficeJet pro 7740 folder. After this, choose the manage scan in the scan section of your computer. Then click the Enable option.
Ojpro 7740 Scan Enable in Mac Computer
- Initially open the HP scan in the applications folder, in your hard disc. Next select the scan type you wish.
- Then proceed with the settings instructions in the screen. Now you can the scan settings like scan resolution, file type and contrast levels. Next scan to the network folders and cloud drives.
- Here you can adjust the images before you scan and then you can preview. Then tap the scan option.
Ojpro 7740 Scan to email Setup
- First enable the Web Services on your Printer.
- Next tap the Apps from the Home screen and then tap the Scan-to-email application. Next tap the Continue option on the Welcome screen and then tap the email box to type your email address. Then tap done and tap Continue.
- So that you will receive a PIN in your email you entered. Next tap the Continue option again and then tap to type the PIN.
- Then tap the Done option and tap the Auto-login or store Email option as per your wish. Next tap either the Document or Photo to choose the scan type. For the photos, choose the scan settings and tap the Continue option.
- For documents, check the email information and then tap the Continue. Next tap the scan to Email option and then tap OK after the scan completes. Then tap Yes to send other email or No to complete.
Steps to Scan a Document into a File
- First load the original document on the right side of the scanner glass or into the document feeder. Next make a double click on your Printer icon. Here if you use a Windows 8.1 computer, then tap the down arrow and choose the Printer’s name.
- Else if you use the Windows 8, then make a right click on the start screen, choose all apps and choose the Printer name.
- Else if you use the Windows8, Windows XP and Windows Vista, then tap from your desktop, navigate to all Programs, tap the HP, Printer folder and then choose the Printer name icon. Next tap scan a document from the Printer software.
- After this, select the scan type and then tap the scan option. Then select to save as PDF to save the documents as a PDF file. Then select to save the JPEG image to save the document as the image file.
ePrint Service in HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer
- The HP ePrint service permits the user to print your documents anywhere from your HP OfficeJet Pro Printer with the help of the active internet connection.
- This HP ePrint app is a mobile app which allows you to print from your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software which is connected to the same network as your mobile device..
HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software - Steps to Print with the ePrint App
You can print photos, documents, email or webpages from your computer or phone.
- First click the Files or Recent Files to print the saved documents.
- Next open your file folder or choose a file type and then choose the document.
- So that a print preview screen appears.
- Then tap the Edit option to modify the document or make the print settings.
- Next click Done to come back to the preview screen and then click Print option.
- From your mobile device, click the Recent Photos or Photos.
- Next choose the photo you wish to print and then click the Preview as per your mobile device.
- So that the print preview screen appears.
- Next click the Edit option, if you wish to make any changes in the print settings or photo.
- Then click Done to come back to the preview screen and then click the print option.
- For this, log in to your email account and then choose the email option to print.
- Next click Email and your email service.
- Then enter the email ID and password to permit the app to use the account.
- Now choose the email and then click the Email Body or Print.
- So that a print preview screen appears.
- Next click Edit to modify in the print settings or print job.
- After this, click Done to come back to the preview screen and then click Print option.
Make Printing with HP OfficeJetPro 7740 Printer
The software applications help to manage almost all the print settings. Next if you wish to adjust the print quality, paper types or other printing options, then you can change the settings manually.
Steps to Print in HP OfficeJetPro 7740 for Windows
- First load the aligned papers into the input tray. Next choose the Print in your software and check that you choose your Printer.
- Now tap the button to open the Properties dialog box. Here this Properties dialog button may be Properties, Printer Setup, Printer or Preferences based on your software app.
- Next choose the correct options in the Printing Shortcut tab. Here if you wish to adjust the print settings, you can tap the other tabs.
- Next tap the OK to close the Properties dialog box and then finally tap OK to start the printing.
Steps to Print in HP OfficeJetPro 7740 Printer for OS X
- First select the software in the File menu and select the Print option.
- Next choose your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software and then set the print options. Now tap the Show Details option.
- If you do not find the options on the Print dialog box. Next, select the suitable paper size from the Paper Size pop-up menu.
- Then, choose the orientation and type the scaling. Finally, tap the Print option.
Once you complete the Printer setup, you can login to the official website for download and installation of the HP OfficeJetPro 7740 Printer software.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) in HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer
You can wirelessly connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 with the help of the PIN or Push Button method.
Push button method
This Push button method is relatively easier than the PIN method. For that make sure that your wireless router and the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer support the Push button method.
- Next use the physical WPS Push button and select the wireless router.
- Here make sure that your network uses the WPA2 or WPA security option.
- In case, if you are not able to use the WEP or security, then you cannot access the WPS mode to connect your Printer.
- Here you can use the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer manual to make the Printer wireless connection.
- After you use the WPS Pushbutton mode on your HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer and then wait for some time (for 2-3 minutes).
- After that, hit the WPS button on the router.
Troubleshoot Printer Issues
Fix paper jam issue
- For that, open the Printer and pull out the trays. Next search in the gap of the input tray, check for the jammed papers.
- Then put back the tray into your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software.
- If you find the paper jam in the Printer’s front portion, then do not switch off the Printer.
- With that open the cartridge access door and then move the carriage towards the right or left side to clear the paper jam.
- Now clear all the torn pieces of the paper and then close the cartridge access door.
- After this, clear the paper jam in the duplex part of the Printer. For that, extend out the tray from the Printer.
- Next tap the buttons on the sides of the output tray and remove it.
- Then hold the duplex door to open that door. Now clear if there any jammed papers.
- Once you clear those paper jams, then push and close the duplex door.
- Then insert back the input tray and the output tray into the Printer.
Troubleshoot Fax Issues
- To begin, run the fax test report to check if there is any issue with the fax setup.
- If there are no fax issues found in the test, but you see the fax issues, and then check the fax settings in the report.
- This fax report helps to check if the settings are correct.
- Next you can test the fax setup to monitor the Printer status and the fax setup is correct.
- After you complete the fax setup on your Printer, then do the fax hardware test.
- This test will check if the phone cord connected to the Printer is correct.
- Then you must check that if the phone cord connected to the correct port.
- After this, see for a dial tone and then test the phone line connection status.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer Duplex Printing
- Initially load the papers into the input tray. After this, tap the File menu from the file, you wish to print and then choose Print. Next choose print from the software and then choose your Printer.
- Then tap the button which opens the Properties dialog box. Here this button may be Printer, Preferences, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Options and Properties.
- After this, choose the two-sided printing shortcut from the Printing Shortcut tab. To make the changes in the other settings, tap the other print settings. Next tap OK to close the Properties dialog box. Then tap the OK or Print to start the printing.
Mac OS computer
- For this, select the software in the file menu and then tap Print option.
- Next select the Layout in the pop-up menu from the Print dialog.
- Then select the binding type you wish to print the two-sided pages. Now tap the Print option.
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer Duplex Printing using Macintosh High Sierra
- Initially tap the File menu from the file you wish to print and then choose Print. Here if you wish to see the print option, tap the Show details option.
- Next choose the binding type, tap the lowest choice box. In that list, the name of the program will be seen as Copies & Pages below the Microsoft Office.
- Then choose the Layout in the drop-down menu. Next set the two-sided option as the Long-Edge binding or Short-Edge binding. Now choose and save the settings for further use.
- For that, tap Presets and then Save Current Settings as Preset. Then the preset used shall stay default until other preset shall be used.
Troubleshoot HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Scan Disable
- Initially go to your Windows computer, and search for your HP Printer folder.
- Next click the HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Printer’s name in the lists shown.
- Then choose the HP Printer Assistant so that your Printer will open.
- Now click the Scanners Actions and then click Manage Scan to your computer.
Alternate Solution to fix HP 7740 Scan Disabled
- You can follow below steps to solve this HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 scan disabled issue. Initially search for your Printer model in the Windows computer. Next tap the Printer’s name in the available lists.
- So that the HP Assistant opens. Then tap the Scanner Actions and then tap the Manage Scan to Computer. Next tap the Enable to switch ON the scan to computer option again.
Steps to Upgrade to Windows 10 Computer
- For that, ensure that you switch ON your HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software. Next open the HP All in One app and all the other Printers shown. Then close that app.
- Next clear all the Printer copies if you find more than one case found. After this, see the devices section and the “Printers and devices” portion under the Control Panel section. Then uninstall the drivers using the context menu.
- Next open again the All-In -One app and find the Printer. Once you find your Printer, then add that and mark that as favorite. Then wait for some time, so that the process completes. Here if you see do not see any response, then uninstall the All-In-one app and install that again.
Troubleshoot the "Scan to Computer is no longer activated error" with the Windows 10 Computer
- You can use the steps to fix the Scan to computer is no longer activated error. First open the Task Manager and then navigate to the Startup tab. Next swipe down to “ScanToPCActivationApp” option and then make a double click on that option.
- Else tap the expansion arrow on the left side. Next make a right click on the first entry, Then select the “Properties” and then tap Compatibility tab below the “Compatibility Mode”.
- Then choose the “Run the program in compatibility mode”. Next select the Windows7 from the drop down menu.
- After this, repeat these steps for the entries you view for the “ScanToPCActivationApp” option.
Mopria Printing in HP OfficeJetPro 7740 Printer
Steps to Make Mopria Printing Setup in Tablet or Android Smartphone
You can print from your Android mobile devices in your Mopria-certified Wireless Printer ( HP OfficeJetPro7740 Printer software ) with the help of the Mopria technology. Then you can use the Mopria Print Service app from the Google Plat Store.
First check that you have the Mopria-certified Android smart phone or tablet of version 4.4 or later. Next confirm that your HP OfficeJetPro Printer is Mopria certified or you have the accessory like HP 1220w NFC /Wireless mobile Print Accessory.
Download and Installation of the Mopria App
- In some cases, the smart phones will have the built-In Mopria technology. If you do not find this Mopria app in the latest version, then you can download that from the Google Play Store using the below steps.
- First, to check if the Mopria Service is already there, then open the Settings and then open the General settings.
- Next open the Application manager. If you see the Mopria Print Service is there in the list, then the plug-in is installed already.
- Then go to the step network connection to configure to the network. Now proceed with the next step, if the Mopria Print Service is not in the list. Next navigate to Google Play Store and see for the Mopria Print Service app.
- Then choose the Mopria Print Service app and choose the Install option. After this, sign in to your Google account if insisted. Then wait till your app installs and appears visible on the device.
- Here check the Printer has the wired or wireless network capability and is correctly configured to print on network.
- Next confirm that you switch ON the Wi-Fi of your smart phone or tablet and connect that to the same network as your HP Printer.
Enable the Mopria Print Service
- Here click to open the Mopria Print Service app. Next, swipe and scroll to next page in the Getting Started screen and then go through the details on how to print and then choose a Printer.
- Then , choose the check box after you go through the details and then agree to the terms and conditions. Next, choose I Agree and then click the Printing Settings to open the settings.
- Then adjust the button to enable the Mopria Print Service. Once the Mopria Print Service enables, then the button changes green and all Mopria-certified printers will be shown in the list.
After you make Printer setup, you can login to the official website for download and installation of the HP OfficeJetPro 7740 Printer software.
Steps to Make Mopria Printing
- After you make the setup for Mopria printing, then you can proceed with below steps to make the printing of your documents, photos and emails.
- First use one of the below steps to open the print settings on the any of the Browser or photo.
- Click the Printer icon.
- Else, click the menu and then choose the Print menu option.
- Else, click the Share icon and then click the Printer icon or Mopria icon.
- Next click the arrow to see the available Mopria-certified Printers from the Print settings menu.
- Now choose a Mopria–certified Printers in the available lists of available Printers. Next confirm the connection at the Printer’s control panel if there is a need.
- After this, click the center arrow to see the print options available and change any settings if required. Next click the Printer icon to print.
When you send the print jobs to the Printer, a print dialog box will be shown in the notification list. Once the Print job finishes, the details will not be available.
Other Print Settings Options
You can see or cancel the print jobs at the printing. For this use the below steps
Tap the Cancel button to cancel the print job from the Printer’s control panel. Else swipe the notification list down on the screen, then choose the Printer portion and click the Cancel icon the menu.