HP Envy 7640 Printer is multiple job making Envy Printer that can perform print, scan, fax and copy functions. This Printer makes black and white and color prints at same affordable cost. Next this Printer makes the smart mobile and photo printing of documents from mobile phones with and without router. You can login to official site to download and install the driver software for your HP Envy 7640 series Printer or to make the HP envy 7640 Printer configuration .Even though some Printers have easy setup, they are not able to print faster. But this Envy 7640 forms easy setup and does faster printing.
This HP Printer produces faster lab-standard color photos using the fast and simple HP Instant Ink. Next HP Instant Ink could save half proportion on ink and high yield ink cartridges can print large volume of papers in cheaper rate. Then you can print different size photos from your phone using the photo paper tray, without changing the papers. With the help of automatic document feeder, you can make print of multiple pages and automatic two-sided printing of documents. Then you are able to connect to the local network and Ethernet without the wired connection.
HP Envy 7640 Printer Unboxing
As usual tear and open the Printer packed cardboard box to begin the HP Envy 7640 Printer Configuration and setup.
- Next take out the other items like setup manual, reference guide, installation CD, cartridges, USB and power cord and keep them away temporarily.
- Now pull the plastic cover to take out the HP Envy 7640 Printer. Once you take out your Printer, clear the plastic cover and all blue-color tapes around the Printer.
- Then clear all the stickers and blue tapes all around the Printer. For that open the scanner lid, clear the styro foam sheet and close the scanner lid.
- Next open the cartridge access door, clear the cardboard and blue tapes inside the cartridge access doo. Then close the cartridge access door.
- Now take out the output tray and extend out the paper tray.
- Then clear the blue-colored tapes inside that tray and push the photo tray.
- Now on the paper tray, move the paper width guides such that they are away from each other. Then fit the output tray into the Printer again and then close output tray.
- Also close the paper tray. Now connect the ends of the power cord to the Printer’s back part and power supply respectively.
- Then hit the power button to switch ON your HP Envy 7640 series Printer. After this, choose the language on the control panel and tap continue.
- Now choose the region and tap Continue. Then tap Continue Setup to choose date and time.
- Now choose day and tap Continue. Then choose time and tap Continue to finish Preference setup.
- Next raise open the cartridge access door to install the cartridges. Then open the packet and take out the cartridges.
- Now pull and clear the transparent tape above the cartridges without touching the ink nozzles. Because touching of ink nozzles will lead to issues like bad connections and ink clog.
- After you clear the tapes, then insert the cartridges one-by-one into the given slots based on the color in the cartridge access area.
- Once you install all the cartridges, close the cartridge access door. Then you must load the papers into the paper tray.
- Now pull out the paper tray, then push back the photo tray. Next take a bunch of unused papers and align them.
- Now close the paper tray and then touch Done on your Printer’s control panel. Then your HP Envy 7640 series Printer begins the calibration.
- Once the calibration finishes, your Printer shows the calibration successful message. Then tap OK so that your Printer prints the test Alignment page. With this the setup process for HP Envy 7640 series Printer finishes
Steps to Print Alignment Page
- There is another procedure to make Printer Alignment if your Printer does not print Alignment page in the previous steps.
- Then proceed with these steps to make Alignment of your HP Envy 7640 series Printer.From your Printer’s control panel, scroll to the right and touch Setup.
- Then choose Printer maintenance and then choose Align Printer.
- So that your Printer will make the Alignment and alignment successful message appears on your Printer’s control panel. Finally OK to finish the Alignment process.
Once you complete the HP Envy 7640 Printer configuration , then you can login to official website to download and install the driver software for your HP Printer.
HP Envy Printer Driver Software Installation
You can use the installation CD that comes with your Printer package for driver installation. Else if you wish to install the latest driver version for your HP Envy 7640 series printer, then you can login to official website to download and install the driver software for HP envy 7640 series Printer. Next you can make this driver installation from the official website after you complete software the HP envy 7640 Printer configuration .
HP Envy Printer Driver Software Installation
You can use the installation CD that comes with your Printer package for driver installation. Else if you wish to install the latest driver version for your HP envy series 7640 Printer, then you can login to official website to download and install the driver software for HP envy 7640 series Printer. Next you can make this driver installation from the official website after you complete software the HP envy 7640 Printer configuration .
AirPrint in HP Envy 7640 Printer
Devices and Apple computers. For consumer standard, AirPrint serves as best AirPrint enables the users to print the documents and images from mobile technology.
- Initially make connection between the Apple device and Printer. For this check that you switch ON the Wi-Fi and click the network name if you connect to different network.
- Next navigate to Finding Your Wireless Password, when you not know the network login details
Monitor the Printer Connection Status
- For touchscreen model Printers, tap the Wireless icon or Network Settings or Setup menu to see the network connection status.
- For button model Printers, to print the wireless test report, simultaneously tap the wireless and Information buttons. Else tap the Wireless and Start Copy Black buttons simultaneously.
- Now you can print form your device, if the Printer connects to the device. Else proceed to next step if the Printer does not connects to the device.
Printer Network Connection
For this make HP Printer setup for USB cable connection. Then install the HP
driver software to avail the features.
- For touchscreen Printers, open the Setup, Network or Wireless menu. Then choose Wireless Setup Wizard and proceed with the instructions to make Printer network connection.
- For button Printers, tap the wireless and Cancel buttons simultaneously till power light blinks. Then let the light to flash. Next tap and hold WPS buttons before 120 minutes from the router till the connection starts.
- Then if the connection finishes, wireless light blinking stops. Print documents for this check once you switch ON your for HP Envy 7640 series Printer, install the cartridges and load plain papers.
- Next choose open the document you wish to print and click the Share icon. Then choose click Print to open the Printer options.
- Then choose click Select Printer to make your selection. Finally you change the print job settings such as number of copies, paper, black & White and page range as per your wish.
- Once you complete the HP envy 7640 Printer Configuration , you login to official website to make driver download and installation.
Steps to Make USB Setup for HP Envy Printer (Windows)
- First make the HP envy 7640 series Printer setup and then make installation of the driver software.
- Next make sure you erase the outdated driver version from Windows. Then you must have the setup needs like USB cable and active USB port on your computer.
- Then check that you switch ON your HP envy 7640 series Printer.
- Next remove the USB cable from your computer and you must not connect back again till the device prompts you. Next look for devices option in the Windows.
- Then from the results, tap the Devices and Printers option. Now make a right click on the HP Printer’s model, then tap Remove Device.
- Next clear all the icons, if more than one icons are there. Finally close that Devices and Printers window.
Fix Error Printer Not Connected At The Time Of USB Setup
You can make below steps to troubleshoot the USB connectivity problems.
- As first measure, you can switch OFF once and start your computer and Printer again that can fix this error.
- Next you can remove the USB cable once. Then you can connect back the USB cable again to the computer and Printer.
- Then you can make USB cable connection to computer’s different USB port. Once change with the USB cable that only suits your Printer and computer.
- When there are more than one USB devices connected, then your computer might not have enough power to USB ports. Then remove the USB device that is not in use.