HP Envy 5055 Printer
HP Envy 5055 Printer has the ability to make faster printing and easy wireless connectivity. This Printer also enhances the easy scanning of documents and photos using the HP Smart app. Next the HP ink cartridge produces crisp, sharp and bold texts on the printouts. You can login to the official website for the download and installation of the HP Envy 5055 driver.
This Printer performs multiple functions like printing, scanning and copying with the greater speed. Thus proves to be time saving for the user. In addition, this Printer could make the mobile printing of documents from your tablets and smartphones. Then the automatic two-sided printing helps in printing the multiple pages. Next, the HP Instant Ink Service keeps your Printer never go with empty ink. This also Printer can print the high-quality borderless and flyers.
HP Envy 5055 Driver Installation
You can start the driver installation for the HP Envy 5055 Printer using the Installation CD that comes in your Printer box. In some cases, there are chances that the installation CD may get outdated. Then you can login to the official website for the HP Envy 5055 driver software download and installation.
Here make sure that almost all the Printer drivers are in-built in the Windows OS. So your computer will choose the driver, if you connect to the network. Else if you don’t have the in-built drivers, then you login to the official website and proceed with the below steps to make the HP Envy 5055 driver.
- First visit the official website from any of the browsers. Next choose the driver for your Printer and the exe.file on the screen.
- Here check that you download the Printer driver on your computer without any disturbance.
- Next save the .exe file and run that on your computer. After this, extract the files into the C:\Program Files or in any other file path.
- Then tap the Next option till you view the Finish option. Now choose the Finish button to complete the driver installation correctly.
- Then you may connect the computer to the HP Envy 5055 Printer through the USB cable.
- Once you finish the driver installation, try to print a document to check if your installation was correct.
- First install the Printer driver on your Mac OS computer. Here you may not require a driver to print from your iOS or Mac device if HP Envy 5055 Printer supports the Apple AirPrint.
- Else if the Printer is Air Print-compatible, then the Mac computer automatically your computer without any extra software.
- In case if the Printer is not Air Print – compatible, then you can install the driver using the Apple Software Update.
- For that you must create the new print queue and tap the Apple menu. Then select the System Preferences option.
- After this, tap Print & Fax, Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners based upon your OS version.
- Next see if your Printer is there on the Printers list. If your Printer is there in the list, then remove that and add that again.
- This confirms whether the correct driver is used.
- Else if you do not find your Printer in the list, then tap the plus sign and select Add Printer or Scanner.
- Then tap your Printer name and proceed with the next step.
- As a difference, if you find your Printer in the Add Printer or Scanner window, then check if the Printer was connected to the Mac through the USB cable or is on the same wireless or wired network.
- Now tap the Use or Print Using Menu and then select your Printer.
- Next choose the Add option to add your Printer to that list.
- Then close the System Preferences window. This Printer will now start the print, fax or scan functions.
HP Envy 5055 Printer Setup
- To begin with the setup, open the cardboard box that comes with your Printer.
- Before taking your Printer, take out and keep away all the other Printer items like Power cord, USB cable, installation CD, ink cartridges, setup manual and reference guide.
- Now carefully take out your HP Envy 5055 Printer from the cardboard box. After that, clear all the packaging tapes over the Printer.
- Then clear all the packing materials like cardboard, tapes and plastics from the input tray, output tray, scanner area and cartridge access area of the Printer. Without any delay, close all the sections of the Printer after clearing packaging materials.
- After this, connect the one end of the Power cord to the back part of the Printer and the other end to the power supply.
- Then switch ON your HP Envy 5055 Printer and set the Preferences on the control panel.
- After this, choose the date and time. Then tap Yes to make the confirmation of your choice.
- To install the cartridges, open the cartridge access door and wait till the carriage to the middle and becomes idle.
- After the carriage becomes silent and ready for installation, then take out the cartridges from the packet.
- Then carefully peel off the plastic tapes from each cartridge, without touching the ink nozzles.
- Now lift and open the cartridge slot lids. Then insert the cartridges one-by-one based on the color.
- Once check that the cartridges are properly fit, and then close the cartridge lids and the cartridge access door.
- After you complete the cartridge installation, open the input tray to load papers.
- Once you open the input tray, move the paper width guide such that they are away from each other.
- Then take a set of aligned papers and load them into the input tray.
- Now move back the paper width guides such that they touch the edges of the placed papers and then close the input tray.
- So that your Printer will print the Alignment page.
- Now keep this Alignment page on the scanner lid and tap OK from the control panel of your Printer.
- Then close the scanner lid and tap OK to complete the Alignment process.
After you complete the Printer setup, make sure that you login to the official website and install the HP Envy 5055 driver.
HP 5055 Mobile Printing Setup
With the help of the Mobile Printing Setup, you can print and scan your documents through the wireless connection from your mobile phone. Before you make the mobile printing of your documents, make sure you login to the official website and install the HP Envy 5055 driver.
HP Envy 5055 ePrint Setup
- HP Envy 5055 ePrint service acts as the safest cloud-based technology that permits you to print from anywhere without the internet connection.
- Before you make the ePrint setup, check that you have the below needs.
- Now make sure that your Printer enables the HP ePrint feature.
- Then search for the HP ePrint icon or button on the control panel of your Printer.
- Here if you do not find the HP ePrint button, then go to Web Services, Wireless Settings or Network Setup to find the Web Services menu.
- Now ensure that your computer already connects to the internet through the wireless or wired network.
- Then to make the Printer and internet connection, switch ON the Web Services from the control panel of the Printer.
- Next avail the email address of your Printer. Then ensure that you consider some of the email needs like the size of the email attachments and subject of the email before printing.
- Here the overall size of the email should be below 10MB, email should have proper subject and check that you use the ePrint supported photo file types (.gif, .png, .tiff and .bmp).
- Finally you can send your print jobs from your computer to your Printer.
HP 5055 Air Print Setup
- For your Mac OS computer, you can use the Air Print setup to make the mobile printing of your documents and images.
- Similar to ePrint setup, here also check that your Mac computer and your HP Envy 5055 Printer have all the needs to print using the Air Print setup. For that make sure that your computer is of iOS 4.2 or later version.
- Next check that your Printer and your Mac computer are on the same local network. Then set up the wireless connection.
- If your Printer connects to the Mac computer via the USB cable, then that will support the Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless print.
- For the Printers with control panel, choose the Setup, Wireless menu or Network.
- Then choose the Wireless Setup Wizard and go ahead with the on-screen prompts to connect the Printer wirelessly.
- For the Printers without the control Panel, tap the Wireless button and hold that for three seconds till the wireless light flashes.
- Now tap the WPS button on your router and then wait, so that your Printer connects to the network.
- Finally you can print from your Mac device as you wish. Then you can also refer the HP Envy 5055 manual to make the mobile setup.
Ink Cartridge Replacement
- First tap the power button to switch ON the Printer, if that was not ON already.
- Next wait for some time, till the Printer becomes silent and idle.
- Then load the unused papers into the input tray if that was not done already.
- After this, open the access door, so that the carriage will move to the middle of the Printer.
- Then wait for some time, till the carriage becomes silent. Now pull up the cartridge slot lid to loosen the ink cartridge.
- After that, push back the lid till it stops and then take off the ink cartridge from the slot. Now take out the new cartridges from the cover. Then peel off the plastic tape from each cartridge by pulling the color tab.
- While doing so, make sure that you do not touch the ink nozzles or copper contacts on the cartridges.
- Now insert the cartridges one-by-one as per the color into the cartridge slots.
- Finally close the cartridge access door, after you check that you have made the installation properly.
- On completing the above step, the Printer software will insist you to align the ink cartridges. Next your Printer will print the alignment page automatically.
- After this, place the Alignment page on the scanner glass, close the scanner lid and tap OK.
- So that the Printer will now scan the Alignment page.
Once you complete the Printer setup, make sure that you login to the official website and install the HP Envy 5055 driver. Then you can also refer the HP Envy 5055 manual to make the cartridges replacement.