HP Envy 5642 Printer is one of the multi-tasking Printer that can perform print, scan and copy functions. This Printer can print from your smartphone or tablet using or without the wireless network. Then the high yield cartridges of this Printer can produce large number of printouts. Also with the help of two-sided printing, this Printer could conserve paper and resources. Then the control panel of this Printer allows easy access to the user. To set up this Printer you can use the HP envy5642 Printer Manual and login to the official website for download and installation of the HP envy 5642 Printer driver.
- You can make easy wireless network connection with your HP Envy 5642 Printer that connects your computer.
- This Printer ENERGY STAR qualified as this conserves resources and energy. Then you can recycle the HP Ink cartridges easily and minimize environmental effects.
- Then you can make easy setup for your mobile phone. Also, this Printer gives out the Laser quality and lab standard Printouts.
- Next, you can make easy scan of your documents with the HP All-In-One app in this Printer.
Driver Installation for HP Envy 5642 Printer
You can use the installation CD that came with your Printer for the driver installation of your HP Envy 5642 Printer. During the time of shipping there may be chances of CD damage or CD might have expired. Then for the best choice of driver installation, you can login to the official website, where you can download the driver for your HP Envy 5642 Printer. In that official website, you can find the Printer driver for both your Mac and Windows OS computer.
Install Printer driver on Windows computer
- First switch ON your HP Envy 5642 Printer and your Windows OS computer. Then you must connect your HP Envy Printer and your computer either through wired or wireless connection.
- Now in order to make the download of Printer driver, insert the CD on your Windows computer.
- Once you insert the CD, a setup file will appear on the desktop screen. Then tap install, if that screen insists you to install the Printer driver software.
- After installation, you can run the setup file. Then proceed with the on-screen prompts to finish the driver installation on your computer.
Install Printer driver on Mac computer
- First switch ON your Mac computer and your Printer. Then make the connection between your Mac computer and Printer via wired or wireless connection.
- Next, insert the CD into your computer to begin the installation process. Then the Setup file displays on the screen.
- Now tap the install option to install the HP Envy 5642 Printer driver on your computer.
- Then proceed with the ON-screen instructions to finish the driver installation.
You can install the driver software after you make the Printer setup using the HP envy5642 Printer Manual. Then you can also refer HP envy5642 Troubleshooting to solve your HP Envy 5642 issues.
HP Envy 5642 Printer Startup
The Envy 5642 Printer setup can be done in simple steps. You can use the below steps to setup your HP Envy 5642 Printer.
- First tear and open the cardboard box. Then unpack all other packed items and keep them aside.
- Next, take out your HP Envy 5642 Printer with care. After you place the Printer on a flat surface, clear all the tapes in and around your Printer.
- Then make sure that remove all the packed items from the scanner area, input tray, cartridge access area and the output tray.
- After you clear all the tapes from the Printer, take the power cord for connection.
- Then connect the ends of the power cord to the Printer’s back part and power supply respectively.
- Now switch ON your Printer and then make the settings like language, country, time and date.
- Next, you must install the cartridges. For this tear and take out the cartridges from the cover.
- Then clear the tape over the cartridges without touching the ink nozzles or copper contacts. As touching of ink nozzles may lead to severe Printer issues.
- Now open the cartridge access door and install the cartridges into the given slots based on the color. Then close the cartridge access door. After you install the cartridges, you must load the papers. Now pull open the output tray.
- Next open the input tray. Then take a bunch of aligned unused papers and load them into the input tray.
- Finally close the input tray, so that your Printer starts the Alignment process and prints an Alignment page.
You can refer the HP envy5642 Printer Manual for the Printer setup. Then you can visit the official website for installation of the Printer driver software. Also you can refer HP envy5642 Printer troubleshooting to fix the Printer issues.
HP Envy 5642 Printer wireless setup
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) can connect your Printer to the computer without the use of wired connections. The two methods of WPS are Pushbutton method and PIN method.
Push Button method
- For this, check the Printer and wireless router manuals to know if both your Printer and wireless router support WPS Push button method.
- Also check if the wireless router has the physical WPS Push Button. Now make sure that your network uses the WPA or WPA2 security.
Steps in Push Button Method
- First, tap the Wireless button or Setting Button from your Printer’s control panel.
- Next you must choose the Wi-Fi Protected Setup option. Then on your Printer’s control panel, proceed with the On-screen prompts. After this, choose WPS Button,.
- so that your Printer will prompt you to tap the WPS button. Then go to the router and tap on the WPS button. Next from your Printer’s control panel, tap Continue to make the wireless connection.
- After this a connection will setup, so that you can print from your Printer.
Way to avail WPS PIN
- First, navigate to the computer screen and tap on the wireless icon. Then choose the HP Printer from the available list of Printers.
- Next tap on that, so that a text box appears and insists you to type the WPS PIN. Then enter the PIN and connect with the Printer.
You can refer the HP envy5642 Printer Manual for the Printer setup. Then you
can visit the official website for installation of the Printer driver software.
PIN Button method
- First tap the Wireless button and then the Settings button from your Printer’s control panel.
- Next choose the Wi-Fi Protected Setup and proceed with the On-screen instructions.
- Now your Printer insists you to PIN and then tap that, so that the WPS PIN will appear on the screen.
- After this, you must navigate to Configuration utility or software for wireless router. Then type the WPS PIN code in the field shown.
- After you complete the setup, you open the HP folder in All Programs and then choose Printer Setup & Software for the Printer driver installation.
- Then you must choose the option to ”Connect a new Printer”.
HP Envy 5642 Printer ePrint setup
You can use the simple steps below to make the HP Envy 5642 Printer ePrint setup.
Avail the Printer’s email address
- First, make sure that you switch ON your HP Envy 5642 Printer, load the fresh papers in the input tray and install the cartridges in the cartridge access area.
- Next, you must switch On the Web Services. For Touchscreen displays, tap the HP ePrint button and click Setup. Then proceed with the On-screen instructions to switch ON the Web Services.
- Next for Text-based displays, go to Web Services or Wireless Settings. Then proceed with the On-screen instructions to switch ON Web Services.
- Now click Print or Print Info if the Web Services enables. Then the Printer email address appears on the control panel and prints an info page. From the info page, you can get the Printer’s email address.
- First use the personal email account to create the new email. Then enter the Printer’s email address into the To field.
- Next, enter the subject into the email subject line. Then make the attachment of the photos or documents to the email and then tap Send.
- Initially open the webpage you wish to print. Then tap the Command key and A key to choose the page content. Next, tap the Ctrl or Command key and C key to copy that content.
- Then open the new blank document and tap the Ctrl or Command key in order to paste that content into the document.
- Now save the document to your computer. Then make the attachment of the document to the email message to your Printer and tap Send.
- First open the email you wish to print. Then choose Forward.
- Next, enter your Printer’s email address on the To field. Then tap Send.